Our park is run entirely by volunteers…enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers who give as much time as they are able to keep our park running smoothly. There are many ways you can contribute to this great baseball community.
Coach a Team
Coaches are vital to the success of North Regina. We appreciate the time and talent it takes to help children learn the great game of baseball. While it’s helpful to know a little about baseball, you don’t need to be an expert. We’ll provide training and mentoring to help you learn and grow as a coach. Coaches are required for Regular Season, All-Star and Fall Ball.
We are proud of our beautiful North Regina park, but it takes a lot of work to ensure the grounds are well-kept and ready for activities. We schedule two park clean-up days (spring and fall) where we ask volunteers to help rake leaves, pick up garbage , clean the clubhouse, manage signage and do other odd jobs to help get our park baseball-ready.
There are alway plenty of odd jobs around the park related to carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, sewing, etc. If you are a handy person (or even if you’re not) and are willing to donate a bit of your time, please complete a volunteer form and someone from our Executive will be in contact with you. Thank you in advance for volunteering your time with North Regina!
Join our Executive
Looking for Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to fill the following positions on our Executive. If you have questions about any of these positions, please contact email@example.com.
Commissioners for Major, Intermediate|Junior|Senior and Fall Ball
- Reviews Rules of Play for each Division and propose revisions to the Board of Directors.
- Chooses coaches for each team within the Division (and Tier).
- Communicates with coaches about important aspects of the season such as equipment and uniform pick-up, schedules and jamboree.
- Schedules a Manager’s Meeting and Coach’s Meeting to ensure they have everything they need for a successful season.
- Handles concerns within the Division and act as a liaison to the Board of Directors and Executive.
- Presents medals at the final game of the season.
- Any other activities that will help ensure success within the Division.
Umpire in Chief
- Prepares a budget, with the assistance of the Director, for umpire programs.
- Supervises, mentors and coordinates the efforts of all umpires.
- Maintains communication between the Board of Directors and the umpires.
- Conducts clinics to train umpires in the knowledge and application of Little League Baseball’s Official Regulations and Playing Rules and NRLL house rules.
- Manages relationship with umpire association and related umpires, where needed.
- Creates an umpire schedule for Regular Season and Play-off games.
- Manages re-scheduling of umpires for cancelled or suspended games.
- Communicates with umpires to determine general availability and special requests.
- Works with Umpire-in-Chief to determine which Division and Tier an umpire can work in.
- Logs umpires time and work with Treasurer to pay them accordingly.