A good website is not complete without some legal and policy information to protect the integrity of our league and ensure we’re on the right side of the law. Please take a read through this information and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Regular Season Refund Policy
We understand that sometimes life happens and circumstances might require your child to withdraw from our program. If that happens, here is how refunds work:
- If you withdraw prior to the Evaluation date, your Registration Fees will be refunded in full less a $30 Administrative Fee (per player).
- If you withdraw after the Evaluation date, your Registration Fees will be refunded in full less a $30 Administrative Fee and a $40 Evaluations Fee (per player).
- If you withdraw after the season has started (including pre-season practices), a pro-rated refund of Registration Fees will be granted less a $30 Administrative Fee and a $40 Evaluation Fee (per player).
Baseball is an emotional sport and passionate responses from players, coaches and parents is understandable. North Regina has implemented a 24-Hour Cool Down Policy to help defuse emotional situations and minimize heated confrontations. We believe it’s in everyone’s best interest if we take some time to cool down and approach the situation with a calmer perspective. For that reason, coaches are advised not to engage in discussion with a spectator about an incident or situation that occurred during the game until at least 24 hours later. As a spectator, we request that you not approach a coach to discuss an incident or situation until everyone has had a chance to cool down.
By having everyone respect the 24-Hour Cool Down Policy, we believe concerns can be fully discussed and a suitable solution can be reached. This helps preserve the respectful, family atmosphere at our park and increases our player’s enjoyment of the game.
Here is the information from the Liability Waiver you would have agreed to during registration.
On behalf of myself and my child, I hereby discharge and release North Regina Little League (NRLL) and its officers, employees, subsidiaries, agents and their volunteers from all claims, actions or damages, however caused, in connection with my child’s participation with North Regina Little League (NRLL). This waiver shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Saskatchewan, including all federal laws of Canada applicable therein. I have read over and fully understand all the terms and conditions of this waiver.
Here is the information from the Media Waiver you would have agreed to during registration.
North Regina finds social media (and other forms of electronic communication) a very effective and engaging way to share information and build a sense of community. We are proud of our park and our players, so we often take photos at our baseball events to display in these communications. We take great care with these photos and ensure we never post names along with photos. During registration, you would have indicated your preference in having you our your child’s photo used in communications. However, if things have changed and you wish for us not to use your photos, please contact us and we’ll be sure to note it.
This policy allows players to evaluate for the age group above their appropriate Division provided they meet the following requirements.
- The player must be entering their second year in the appropriate Division.
- The player must rank in the top five of players evaluated for their appropriate Division.
- The Player Agent Committee must agree that the player is ready to move up based on conversations with references provided. Readiness will be based on the player’s level of maturity, leadership and knowledge of the game.
If all of the above criteria is met, the player would be offered the opportunity to evaluate for the older Division. The player must then rank in the top 80% of the evaluated players deemed eligible to be drafted in the AAA Division. The player will not be able to play in AA in the higher age Division.
Process to Apply
- Complete the Playing Up a Division waiver before the close of Regular Season registration. Submit the waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Player Agent Committee will review the waiver and contact references to determine the player’s readiness for moving up.
- Parents will be notified prior to evaluations if the readiness criteria has been met.
- Player will attend evaluations for their appropriate age Division.
- If the wavier was approved and the player placed in the top 5 of their Division, they will be invited to participate in the higher Divisions evaluations. This will happen very quickly so families must be ready to attend the higher Division evaluations or forfeit the waiver.
- If the player places in the top 80% of eligible players for the higher Division, they will be placed on a AAA team. If they don’t make the top 80% they will return to their appropriate age Division. The player cannot play AA in the higher Division.
- If any of the criteria are unmet along the way, the player will return to their appropriate age Division and be drafted accordingly.
Please note that there will be a $20 fee for all NSF cheques and a $25 fee for Credit Card chargebacks.